- Kent College aims to provide all of our pupils with a balanced and well-rounded education both in and out of the classroom.
- We are committed to single-sex education and to maintaining a boarding community at the heart of the school.
- We also aim to maintain a tolerant and supportive ethos based upon mutual respect and firmly grounded in Christian principles.
- Above all, we strive to meet the individual needs of each pupil and to ensure that each one has every opportunity to gain confidence and to excel.
Methodist Schools' Mission Statement
Kent College is one of 14 British schools which are managed by the Methodist Independent Schools Trust. The aims of the Methodist schools are:
- To be caring Christian family communities committed to the development of the full potential of each individual, having regard for their personal attributes in addition to their academic aspirations.
- To maintain high educational standards in all their academic, cultural and sporting activities, stimulating excitement in learning and requiring discipline in study whatever the ability of the child.
- To work with and in the communities they serve.
- To worship as Christians in the Methodist tradition; to uphold Christian values in practice as well as in theory and to make religious education a strong feature of the curriculum, whilst welcoming members of other faiths (and none) in a spirit of openness and tolerance.
- To encourage pupils in a critical examination of the standards and values current in society and to discover and develop a personal faith to guide them throughout their lives.